In India, around 14% of all school children suffer from learning disorders. Unfortunately, society fail to lend a sympathetic ear to their problems. As a result, these children are branded as failures same is the case with children with attention deficit and hyperactivity.THE PAST decade has witnessed a sudden spurt in the recognition of learning disabilities in India. This sensitivity has benefited some children who have to cope with the invisible learning disability. Besides the growing awareness, there are still a number of misconceptions that are associated with the term 'learning disabilities'. The reasons for these misconceptions are manifold. Learning disabilities are heterogeneous with different manifestations.Here at Simplify, a resource centre for learning, we try to provide a different prospective to the learning problems by making parents aware of the needs of the children by doing assessment to identify the root cause of the problem and by providing necessary intervention.
We try to highlight the ability of the child and provide help for the weaknesses.
We work for
1. Children with learning issues
2. Enhancing the attention capacity of children
3. Behavioural management
4. Providing Individualized Education plan for children with special needs
5. Educating parents about the needs of children with special needs
6. Identifying the root cause of learning problems in children
7. Building reasoning skills right from childhood